My Family

My Family

Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Wedding Dress

Woo Hoo! I found a dress!

Kristen (John's Niece), Cyndi (John's Sister), Sarah (best friend), and I went to the Bridal Extravaganza today. Holy cow was it crowded. I don't think I could ever do that twice. It was different when we went for Kristen when she got married, you could actually try on dresses. This is what I was expecting to do. However, they changed things.

You have to set up an appointment to go try on the dresses now. Nice that they let you know that beforehand.

We had a good time looking at all of the vendors, but I think that that type of show is for people who have tons of money to spend on their wedding. John and I do not fall into that category. It helped formulate some ideas. Since we already have a venue, we didn't waste time a those booths. We also had a DJ and our cake, but it didn't stop up from tasting the free samples.  ;)

Back to the dress...we made an appointment at David's Bridal today. We knew that they would have a sale going on since the extravaganza was today. Didn't want to miss out on the opportunity of saving money. Plus, I didn't think I would find a dress on the first day of trying them on.

Sarah had to leave, so it was just Kristen, Cyndi and I. I had been looking through the online catalog for several months and know what dresses I wanted to try on. I have three specific dresses in mind, and I knew which one I favored the most. I figured this would be the one, if I liked the way it looked on me.

 This is Dress #1. It is hard to see the embellishment in the photo, but there is a beaded motif right where the waist and bellybutton are. It looked retarded in person.

This is Dress #2. Looks pretty and simple. However, when I tried the dress on and looked down, I could see right through my cleavage all the way down to my toes. I didn't want to see that all day, and I didn't want my Dad to see that either. Ugh... Next...

Now we are up to the dress that I've been waiting to try on.

 Ta Da! I loved this dress. I wanted an ivory dress. I didn't want white because it would wash me out. I thought this dress looked nice on. I didn't get the goose bumps but it was a heck of a lot better than the other two. I was going to get this dress. Plus...it was on sale. That's always a good thing. Enter Kristen and Cyndi. While I was trying on my dresses, I could see them in the background looking at the catalog. They would give me encouraging comments, but they didn't like my choices. They asked the consultant if they would pull another dress for me to try on. While I was in the dressing room, I told her that I wanted Dress #3, however to make Kristen and Cyndi happy I would go ahead and try on their choice.


They didn't have my size. They had a size smaller. The consultant had a hard time zipping up the back and so she just used the big clips they had to close up the gap. I didn't like the way it looked in the dressing room, but I went outside to show K & C anyway. The manager of the store happened to walk by and asked if I liked the dress. I told him I didn't like the way it looked because it wasn't zipped up all the way. The consultant told him that it was too small and she couldn't get the zipper up. He came over pulled the two halves together and zipped it up. As soon as that happened and I looked in the mirror...I got the goose bumps and started tearing up. This was the dress...

I have pictures of me trying on each of these dresses. I will post them later.


No comments:

Post a Comment